Sign in with your IEEE Account
Create a New Event
Select Primary Host (Organizational Unit)
Select Additional Hosts
- A single event can include multiple OUs as hosts
- OU volunteers can efficiently manage the registration process for all registrants
- Reporting is reduced to one report that applies to all hosting OUs
- Only one (1) Primary Host may be assigned
- Additional Hosts may be assigned (i.e. co-hosts, sponsors) as needed
- Section officers of Primary Host are authorized to add additional Hosts
The location panel is where you would select whether your event is virtual (e.g., WebEx, ZOOM, GoToMeeting, etc), in-person at a physical location, or hybrid. If an address is entered, the system will auto-generate a map once you publish the event.
If the event is virtual, include the link for registrants to access the event.
If the event is hybrid (both virtual and in-person), provide the virtual link as well as the address of the physical location.
Registration & Payment
Select either “Standard,” “External,” which would utilize an external registration site such as EventBrite, or “None,” if no registration is required.
Select the start and end dates/times for registration. Other options to select:
- Maximum # of registrants (if space/bandwidth is limited)
- Menu selections, if applicable
- Custom registration questions, if needed
Enabling Payment Functionality using Primary Host Concentration banking account
In order to set up payment for an event, registration dates are required. Select “Set up Payment” to show pricing information.
Optional Pricing Levels – Price Restrictions based on Member Grade
Specify who qualifies for a given price level based on their association with IEEE or member grade. Example: You can provide discounted pricing to IEEE members and student members. Registrants will be required to provide their member number to qualify for the discounted price level. The system will use the member number to check the registrant’s member status (active/inactive) and current member grade.
Currently, the Speakers panel allows you to add up to 2 speakers. This limit will be increased later in 2023.
Publish the Event
When ready, click “Save & Publish” to publish the event for public view.
The “Manage” page will show the details:
Once the event is over, it must be reported to IEEE Headquarters. See this tutorial for how to report an event.
See other event tutorials for other options available in vTools Events.